Partnering in the Greater Toronto Area
You’ve probably heard we teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are. This truth is seen in Jesus’ words, “go and make disciples.” In church planting, it is vital we understand that existing churches plant and start new churches.
Every single church…
- any age – from 1 to 100+ years
- any size – from 25 to 5,000+
- any location – from cities to rural one-light towns
…can be a part of planting new churches.
Consider partnering with us by becoming a…
- Supporting Church: partner with a new church plant through praying, participating and/or providing. Often there will be multiple supporting churches helping to meet the great needs of a new plant.
- Sending Church: take on the responsibility of a new church plant until it becomes self-supporting, self-governing and self-propagating. Each church plant has a sending church which often becomes a vital part of seeing more supporting churches join the partnership.
The Three P’s of Partnership
Prayer: commit to pray for a planter, his family, the core team and city of the new church plant. Many churches have developed creative ways to involve their entire church. We would love to share some of these ideas and help your church become a partner in prayer.
Participate: involve your members in the ministry of the new church plant. Your church might send a mission team for a short-term or perhaps long-term trip – a summer, a semester or a year.
Provide: there are many opportunities in the early critical years of a new church plant for partners to provide resources. There are various ways for partners to help. We would be happy to share these with you.
To learn more about how your church can partner with a new church plant across the Greater Toronto Area, we invite you to…